meet the esthetician
a one woman show
Laura – Owner and Advanced Esthetican
Esthetician since 2009
Established Canterbury Spa August 2011
A soft wax with a talc base made for ultra sensitive skin is used for all waxing services
the price reflects both parts of 2 – brows, arms, legs
Brow & Lip $23
Brow, Lip, & Chin $26
Half Legs $48
Full Legs $75
Full Face/Neck $30
Male Body Waxing
Back or Chest $55-75
Canterbury Spa Waxing Information
What is a true Brazilian? It usually depends on the person providing the service. I describe it to my clients as “tummy to tail”. However, you are free to design your own waxing experience.
I do not accept new Brazilian clients who are currently pregnant….there must be a current standing relationship. However, bikini and all other waxing services during your pregnancy are not an issue for me.
If this is your first time, here are some basics you need to know:
- if you normally shave, the appointment should be scheduled at least 3 weeks minimum out from your last shave date for the best length which 1/2″
- if you normally do your own “grooming”, trimming and showering should be done before the appointment; 1/2″ is the best length
- advice to take a pain reliever, I have found, is of little use
- do not let the first experience determine whether you will like to continue with intimate waxing; You will be nervous, I will calm you. The anxiety of your first time will heighten your sense of feeling. The next time you will know what to expect, so you will be less nervous. Once you become a pro and stay on schedule, it will become a breeze! Another advantage to regular waxing is that the growth will become slower and less over time.
- do not plan to work out or be exposed to the sun immediately before or after your appointment; if the skin’s temperature is already on the warm side, the skin will be more likely to burn. Also, the skin will be sensitive after the waxing.
Commonly asked questions:
- what kind of wax do you use? I use a zinc oxide hot wax, safe for sensitive skin. In my experience of working with different types of waxes, I have found this wax to work well with all hair types and skin types. It has a talc base, which provides a thin barrier so that burning is less likely to occur.
- how long will the appointment take? Many factors come into play: body size, body shape, type of hair, amount of hair, length of hair. In my 11 years of experience, my service times range from 15 to 20 min.
- how long will it last before new growth can be seen? That cannot be answered with complete accuracy for a first time client. Factors such as: type of hair, amount of hair, ethnicity, time of year, how prepared the client was
- how do I best prepare? The proper length is the best preparation. If the length is too short, it will not work well or at all. Many clients who are used to shaving daily or every other day feel as if 3-4 days worth of growth means they are ready!! However, that is not the case. If the length is too long, the waxing experience will be more uncomfortable, it will take longer and will not be as successful. For the best waxing experience, the wax must be able to get to the skin, otherwise the hair will break off rather than being taken by its root, thus causing those hairs to come back sooner
- what if it’s too long? I can still perform the service, however the discomfort will be greater, it will take longer, it may be less clean if breakage occurs, and the regrowth pattern will be uneven
- what if it’s too short? As long as there is at least 1/4″ I can perform the service on most clients. However, the chances of it being a clean waxing will be less likely, thus the regrowth will occur quickly due to the three basic stages of hair growth…brand new (under the skin), growing (just coming through the skin) and full growth (its maximum length). The ideal length is when it is about 1/2″ worth of growth. If you arrive and leave with me with little or nothing to work with, I still charge the full price for the time I set aside for you.
- what if I am not sure about the length? I always laugh when answering this question…find a ruler and use it!
- I always recommend a four week follow up, then we can discuss a regular maintenance schedule based on your needs/desires.
Business Hours (Appointment Only)
Canterbury Spa Business Hours – (Appointment Only)
Monday – closed
Wednesday – 10-2
Friday – closed
Scheduling and Appointments
The preferred way to make appointments is by text. However, I will be happy to return calls within a timely manner if a detailed message is left. Please provide the service you wish to schedule and a window of availability…morning, afternoon, weekend, etc.
If you know you are going to be more than 5 minutes late for your scheduled appointment, please contact me ASAP via text.
If you are more than 15 minutes late for your scheduled appointment, we may need to reschedule and a same-day cancellation charge may be assessed at your next appointment. This would apply to habitual offenders.
Appointments for services, and purchasing product are required; however, feel free to call/text same day as there may be availability.
The cancellation policy is as follows:
All appointments that require cancellation or rescheduling need to be done 48 hours before your scheduled appointment. If less than 48 hours notice is given, I reserve the right to charge a rescheduling fee that must be paid before re-booking. The schedule is as follows:
less than 48 hours – 50% of the appt fee
less than 24 hours/same day – 100% of the appt fee
no shows without explanation – I reserve the right to not rebook.
I do realize that things can come up that may be out of your control. I will, of course, take this into consideration.
These appointments are your time I have reserved especially for you, often weeks in advance (as a courtesy, 24 & 48 hour reminders are sent..) In return, I ask that these appointments are in your appointment keeper so should you need to reschedule, advance notice can be given so that I have the opportunity to fill the spot.
Things you should know
I am a very small, private intimate service provider. I do not have a “receptionist” so texting always works best.
– Janice B
– Sherry P
you can find me
you can find me
1001 S Main St
North Canton, OH 44720
call or text (text prefered): 330-312-8993